Things and Looks in Hastings
Tall black and lanky,
look like Mr. Frankie,
Baller shot caller,
Don't need to get no taller.
Short flat and lax.
Rusty crusty and black,
Long wavy weave,
Nice shirts with cut-off sleeves,
Brand new J's.
Show yo fame,
Dropped out of school.
5 Ways to Look at the Hastings Library
I see a big building full of books
I see a castle dipped in coquina rocks
I see a quiet place where I can focus on my book, The Touching Spirit Bear
I see kind staff talking nicely and encouraging others to read books
Five Ways to Look at Someone at Gamble Rogers
I see a big building
Children getting out of cars,
Science teachers talking about Mars.
Janitors cleaning the classrooms.
Ms Sandy using a broom
and the vacume go vroom vroom.
the fresh smell of the aiar
Kids fighting cause they don't care,
Ain't got no education.
We all can't be like Mrs Gordon
and go to graduation.
We ain't split like segregation,
We together like glue
and we don't follow the rules.
To survive you got to find the
5 Ways of Looking at a Basketball
- Floating in the sky to the goal
- Nothing but net swish
- Bouncing in the air
- It make me happy
- 3 pointer
Ways to Look at a Mother
- I can see her blue light eyes
- I can see she's wearing glasses and reading a magazine
- I can see she's going to church on Sunday.
- I can see she's wearing a fancy hat.
- I can see she's singing in church.
- I can see she's clapping her hands.
- I can see she's praying in church.
- I can see she's crying in church.
- I can see she is making an announcement.
- She says black men and white men should get together. Don't fight.
Eleven Ways to Look at Ms Crystal
- Ms Crystal is so cool.
- Ms Crystal has cute shoes.
- Ms Crystal hahs awesome clothes.
- Ms Crystal has awesome hair.
- Ms Crystal is an angel.
- Ms Crystal is skinny.
- Ms Crystal is always happy.
- Ms Crystal is a fun girl to be around.
- Ms Crystal is a smart person.
- Ms Crystal sees like a cheetah.
- Ms Crystal is perfect.
Five Ways to look at Hastings
- It's like a building in the sky
- It's like a tree in my backyard
- Where my house is
- Birds creep in my backyard
- It's like a school
5 Ways to look at Hastings
- Big and beautiful
- Has big roads
- Has a Dollar General
- It has a barber shop
- It has a gas station
Zachary, 3rd5 ways to look at Hastings
- I see trees and leaves
- I see bacon and walls.
- I see four-wheelers and cars
- I see chicken barbeque
- I smell leaves and crocodille